Confessions on a Soccer Pitch

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Gotta love summer vacation!

Home sweet home! Good thing that I am blessed to have many places I can call home. The past 10 days Aaron and I spent our summer vacation back in Ontario (aka the center of the universe for those BC-ers) and had a blast. The trip started with my parents' 35th Anniversary party the weekend that we came into town.

Here's a pic of the family... mom, dad, my sister Jess, Aaron and I. Wow... 35 years! Thinking ahead, it will be 2040 ( a nice round number, eh?) and 62 years old when Aaron and I have been married 35 years... i can only imagine where we will be at that time! Perhaps in an old folks home in a wheelchair... then again, probably not.


We also were able to get up north to the river and see my grandma and grandpa, aunt and cousin's family (2 boys -whew!) during the trip home. I met up with Chelle in London for a bit of shopping at White Oaks and some dinner. Word to wise - check your chicken sandwich to make sure it's cooked. Michelle almost had a chance for salmenella (sp?) if it hadn't been for Aaron's sharp eyesight!

Last weekend it was my priveldge to be a part of Katie and Ryan's wedding. The whole weekend was a blast! It was really weird to sit on the other side of the head table though, at the same location Aaron and i were at 50 weeks ago (yes, the big #1 is coming up). But what a great wedding! Once Ryan got his Michael Jackson chair dancing moves out, the party was on! Even a visit by the cops couldn't stop the party... hehe! Thanks you guys for an awesome evening. It was so great to be back, hang out (if only for a few days), and have some great fun. I miss you all already! :( Tentative plans are for us to come back next Summer (Christmas in BC this year), so who else wants to get married so we can have a great bash?! :)

Anyway, I think this entry is a bit long, so I will close this one up. We are now back 'home' in Kelowna, back to work (sigh...) and will gradually get back into the swing of things. My parents and Jess are driving out (dad says he needs to get rid of my junk!) in a few weeks, so we will have another visit with the family here on our own turf. Looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home