Confessions on a Soccer Pitch

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lovin' Long Weekends

So I'm not doing so hot with this blog posting stuff... basically 2 weeks since my last, but then again, there's not much to tell from those weeks except that I worked my arse off! Super stressful last month or so - mainly due to the fact that I'm currently the only Research Facilitator in the office. Leslie (the woman I took over for) is on mat leave until the end of the month and Lisa (the other RF) went on medical leave in the middle of August. I handled the workload for about a month fine... now, well, I just need a break...

Which brings me to this lovely, wonderful, super-relaxing long weekend we're about to have. Aaron and I are heading to the Coast tomorrow to spend a couple nights up in Whistler. Thanks to the Vanzella's for the use of their condo, I am so looking forward to some R&R. We're taking the Duthie Lake route from Kelowna which goes up through Pemberton and then down south to Whistler. I've never driven that route before, so it'll be fun to see some new beautiful BC landscape. I'll post pics later (hopefully not 2 weeks later!). Thanksgiving is in Squamish this year too, which works out well for us. We're also planning to make a stop in the Lower Mainland on Monday morning - not sure where, but if you're interested in getting together for a coffee, we can figure out a meeting place for everyone.

Oh, one last thing before I finish this up... I guess the biggest news from this side is that Aaron and I will be having a house guest starting next week - My Sister! Jess will be arriving sometime next weekend, driving out to start a new job here in K-town at the TD Bank. I'm sure there'll be some stories to tell from our living arrangements in the future, so stay tuned! Talk to you soon!

2 Comments:

  • Sorry - I will miss you guys. It may be a long weekend for some - but I will be at work on Monday.

    By Blogger Duncan McAllister, at 10:47 AM  

  • It was good to see you on Monday. Looking forward to coming up for a visit in the winter.

    By Blogger Todd, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home