Confessions on a Soccer Pitch

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Hallowe'en!


In my office, I sit next to an area of the room we call "the runway" (the aisle between two rows of cubicles where everyone walks down to get anywhere in the room, to the bathroom, kitchen, other cubicles, etc). As a play on this, my dept decided to dress up as members of the runway (ie. an airport/aviation theme)!

I dressed up as "lost luggage" - complete with a big box (thanks to the move for that) and decorated with pockets, handles, zippers, stamps/stickers, etc. And guess what? I WON THE OFFICE "BEST COSTUME" AWARD! Woohoo! See our group photo to the left...


We also had our first official house-owning Hallowe'en evening, with lots of trick-or-treater's last night. We ended up having 60 kids (+ 2 babies) which was pretty good I thought, although we had prepared for 100+ based on last year's accounts from neighbours. One of my coworkers lives down the road from us and thinks that the parents and kids don't necessarily want to walk up our hill (we live at the top of a cresent, on a hill), or that it was pretty chilly last night (-2C at 5:30 when the first gang came to the door). Anyway, here's a pic of our 2 pumpkins...

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN EVERYONE!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD (Nov 1st)! :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home