Confessions on a Soccer Pitch

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bragging rights

Ok, so most of my posts are about me (not quite "me me me", but close)... today I'm going to post a bit and brag a lot about my husband. About 5 years ago Aaron applied and was successful at achieving his AE (Associate Ergonomist) certification, the first of 2 steps toward being fully certified in the area of ergonomics. The next step, or the CCCPE (Canadian College for the Certification of Professional Ergonomists) - Professional Certification takes at least 2 more years to get, more education, mentoring, training, work experience, you get the gist.

This past summer, Aaron sweated and fretted (if you know Aaron, you know what I mean) and worked his butt off during the application for this second step in the certification process. Of course, if you know Aaron, he also second-guessed parts of the application after he submitted it, wondered if the organization got it in the mail, etc, etc. And the application isn't like a one-pager, heck, it's not even as simple as Med School (trust me, I've applied). The application package is a binder of work products (materials) - all summarized, tabled, and tabbed according to the ACE (Association of Canadian Ergonomists) criteria. The criteria is tough, but I think anyone who is worthy of the CCPE designation should have extensive education, training, and work experiences. There are only 110 CCPE's in Canada and only 17 in BC.

And now Aaron is one of them. :)

I found out the other night when Aaron called from the ACE conference in Banff. I don't know whether it had sunk in yet, but I was certainly excited! All of that hard work, not only in the last 5 years, but also in putting the package together had been rewarded. He can now change his email signature, cards, etc to read:

Aaron Miller, CCPE

Kinda has a cool ring to it, doesn't it? I'm such a proud girl. :)

2 Comments:

  • Send Aaron my congrats. All the hard work and stress in paying off.

    By Blogger Duncan McAllister, at 9:36 PM  

  • Congrats Aaron. And congrats Jen. Did I ever tell you about my designation, just got it the other day online.

    Todd McPhee, GEEK.

    By Blogger Todd, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home