Confessions on a Soccer Pitch

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Snow, glorious snow!

You'd think we're living in Ontario right now... well, maybe Northern Ontario or the snowbelts anyway. In the past week or so, BC has gotten some serious snow! Even in Kelowna, where the temperature stays below zero for the winter months, apparently the snow came early this year! I'm posting some pics of our house - one of the usual view (from the lamp post across the street) and the other of the mound of snow we've piled up at the edge of our driveway. I'm not 100% sure how much snow Kelowna acutally received recently, but we certainly have more than the lower areas of the city, being in the Upper Mission area. I think we received more than Kamloops as well - this is where my travels took me this week (week #3 of the travelling extravaganza...).

More snow means the opening of the local ski hills! In the area there are 2 ski hills - Big White, southeast of Kelowna and Silver Star, northeast of Vernon. Aaron is an avid skier... me, not so much. :) But I'm sure we'll make the trip up to the mountains a few times in the next couple of months. If anyone else is interested in coming out/up with us, let us know! :)

Not much else to report from here. Today is a "thesis day" for me with submission deadlines looming at the end of the month. Hard to believe we are already in December again - where did this past year go?? I think my next post will have to be a "Year in Review" summary... so much has happened, but yet it has gone by so quickly. Who knows what the future brings! :)

1 Comments:

  • Hi Jen,

    What great picrtures. It certainly looks like you have more snow than we do. Hope that there is more than one shovel...

    S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home